Action Staffing LLC., is in search of full-time carpenter for a local hospital system responsible for constructing, repairing and maintaining wooden structures such as furniture, equipment, walls, partitions and other parts of hospital buildings; using hand and power tools according to written and oral instructions. Due to nature of work environment, occasional contact with patients or visitors may occur. Some weekend hours and on-call availability may be required.
Responsibilities (include, but not limited to):
- Repairs partitions, doors, windows, floors, furniture and building framework consisting of wood or metal, using power tools such as a planer, sander, saws and drills or hand tools such as planes, chisels, hammers, rasps, saws and related equipment for surfaces around hospital facility
- Measures and marks in prescribed dimensions using rulers, tape measures, calipers, compass’ and marking pencils to guide cutting operations
- Knowledgeable of proper procedures for cut in, install, and removal of sheetrock, linoleum, vinyl, and asphalt tile
- Indoor and outdoor working environments
- Assist facilities personnel as needed with basic rough and finished paint work in construction and repair of structures.
- Removing broken glass, putty or plastic; replaces windows and door hardware.
- 5+ years of experience in carpentry or maintenance tech, AND 2+ years of commercial/residential painting experience required
- Knowledge of standard practices and safe uses for carpentry hand/power tools
- Must be able to lift 30lbs or more
- Must be able to work weekends and be part of an on-call rotation
- Must be able to work within hospital setting which may include occasional contact with patients or visitors.
- Finger dexterity is needed to finger small tools and supplies such as nails, screws and measuring instruments
- Manual dexterity is needed for skillful and accurate hand and arm movements when using hand and power tools
- Maintenance painters with prior working experience within hospital environments preferred but not required.
- HS diploma or GED
- Clean Background screening
- Drug Screening
- Physical and mental health to be able to perform duties of position
Action Staffing LLC. is an EEO employer.